Sunday 19 April 2015

Embroidered Gift Tags






I adore gift wrapping! You can't beat pretty ribbons, tags and confetti!

I thought I'd share this simple embroidered gift tag as an idea you can customise for any pattern. You can even make monogram versions.


Supplies used:
  • Card stock
  • Embroidery thread
  • Embroidery needle
  • Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit
  • Tag die from starter kit
  • We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy piercer
  • Double sided sticky tape
I cut out the tags on kraft card stock so the stitching would really stand out in pastel colours. 



Using a piercer I made a pattern to stitch - you could easily mark your own with a pencil and awl.


Using all six strands of thread, I stitched the patterns using a simple backstitch. 


Using double sided sticky tape, I fixed another die cut tag to the back to cover the back of the stitching.


Add a contrasting ribbon, gift box and confetti and you've got yourself a custom handmade gift tag!


I love how simple this idea is and it uses one of my favourite crafts; stitching onto card or paper!

Have a great day and see you next time.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment