Thursday 16 April 2015

New quilt started


I hope you've all been enjoying our lovely spring weather.
I am pleased to report that the baby quilts are not only finished but have been sent and received by at least one of the families - the one to America will obviously take a little longer!
I've also managed to find the quilt I had started for my granddaughter, Abi, it has eluded me for several weeks, and that is now well on the way to completion - so have been feeling quite pleased with myself.
The fabrics I showed you last week are coming together nicely -
I really like this die - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660183/sizzix-bigz-l-die-triangles-isosceles-right-3-1-2-h-assembled - because it makes these stars easy to make.
I partnered it with the 3"finished square - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/657608/sizzix-bigz-die-square-3-finished-3-1-2-unfinished  and this makes a 9" finished block.
My dilemma now is that I'm not sure how to complete this - I think a trip to my local patchwork store is called for - I think maybe a plain fabric sashing, or maybe a few more blocks with plain fabrics - I'll have to let you know next week.
I'm also hoping to create a few more blocks using this die so that you can see how versatile it is, or there maybe another new die featured I'm not sure yet.
In the meantime have a lovely week, and keep sewing.
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment