Monday 13 April 2015

MY THIRD QUILT: FINISHED!










Die used for entire quilt top: Half-Square Triangles, 4 1/2in Finished Square.

It's all done! The almost-finished quilt came away to Wales with us for the Easter weekend along with the zip-up pouch from my previous post containing binding kit. In the spare moments in between hunting for eggs I managed to finish hand-sewing the binding on the back.


It was great to be able to get some photos of it in lovely surroundings.


We're back home now and the quilt is finally on our bed - of course as soon as it was completed the weather warmed right up and so it's not needed as much for warmth as it might have been a week or two ago, typical!


I'm so pleased with it, the vibrant colours really brighten up the whole room. It feels like a real achievement - it's the biggest thing I've ever sewn. It has taken a good couple of months to complete but without my Big Shot I think I'd still be cutting out triangles now!

Now that this has been ticked off the list I can have a proper play with my new Big Shot Plus that arrived just before we went away - yay!

2 comments:

  1. Jo this is stunning! congratulations on your finish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo this is stunning! congratulations on your finish x

    ReplyDelete