Monday 20 April 2015

Trying Out My Big Shot Plus









Die used: Triangles, Isosceles & Right 4 1/2in H Assembled

Hello again! At last I finally got to try out my new Big Shot Plus last week and wanting to get straight into chopping fabric without planning anything too closely, I chose to cut some isosceles triangles and just enjoy some straightforward piecing amid the chaos of the school holidays.


I really loved using the Big Shot Plus, it's as easy to use as the Big Shot but the extra space gives greater versatility and makes cutting from larger pieces of fabric more comfortable. The grey and white design is simple and sleek and makes it look like the serious piece of kit that it is!

The extent of my plan was to make something bright that could potentially become a sofa cushion to replace a more 'wintery' one that has started to look out of place now that spring and a little sunshine has arrived. I cut 28 full isosceles triangles all from different fabrics and 8 right-angle half-isosceles triangles.


I arranged them in a square and then pieced them together in rows,


and then joined the rows to form a square.


It was all nice and straightforward and orderly, the perfect antidote to the school holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment