Monday 27 April 2015

Monochrome Butterfly card


We have had the most glorious days here in South East England, days perfect for softer and beautiful colours like corals and soft teals. Inspired by those colours and the good temperatures as well as by the lovely butterflies that will come in a few weeks to my garden I created these two cards.

Clean and simple!

I used Butterflies, Intricate by Paula Pascual 659971 and Tab Cards by Paula Pascual 659970.

To make the coral one, I trimmed a piece of the coral paper to fit the landscape A6 folded card. Then I trimmed the wave at the end using a circle cutter. I stamped the message using one of the clear stamps sets I have designed, called Tab messages that match beautifully the Tab Cards  dies.

I die cut the butterflies using the solid large die (using white card) as well as the intricate large (coral paper). I layered them up and attach them to the card with glue only on the body of the butterfly. Then I placed the hexagon crystals through the body of the butterfly to give a bit the impression of being caught flying.


To make the soft teal one, I trimmed a piece of the patterned paper to fit the landscape  card. Then I trimmed the wave in the middle using a circle cutter, and on the bottom left over i did the same. I glue them down.

I die cut the butterflies using the solid large die (using white card) as well as the intricate large (teal paper). I layered them up and attach them to the card with glue only on the body of the butterfly. Then I placed the crystals under the body of the intricate butterfly but over the solid one.

I stamped the message from the same set as before called Tab messages and then I die cut it using the long thin Tab Cards  die. Finally I added the three crystals in the body of the butterfly.

I hope you like them!


No comments:

Post a Comment